Saturday, April 8, 2017

This week at the library; or, And then it rained

I was off work last week, in case you were wondering. I took Spring Break off. I did not do anything exciting other than lots of gardening, writing, and sleeping.

Happening this week
Projects
  • Selecting, requesting, and processing hundreds of books for school requests and book club
  • Working on teen manga - figuring out which series are finished, which need to be continued, etc.
  • Working on the calendar for the rest of 2017 and 2018
Real Kids Talk About Books
  • My book club kids are still very into Dragon Masters by Tracey West
  • Bad Kitty is also a perennial favorite
  • I need more books about the benefits of bees and not squishing bugs for my four year old classes. They got very riled up over Plant the tiny seed by Christie Matheson
  • Plants can't sit still by Rebecca Hirsch was a huge hit
  • I got a reference request (from a child) for books on raising sheep! I am so glad I updated all my books from Storey - Your Sheep, Your Chicken, etc.
Professional Development
  • Booklist Webinar: Middle Grade Matters
    • Simon & Schuster; James Riley
    • Algonquin Young Readers
    • Boyds Mills Press
    • Calkins Creek
    • National Geographic (Kids)
  • Webinar: Spring 2017 Sourcebooks Preview and interview with Jess Keating

No comments: