Saturday, February 4, 2017

This week at the library; or, The weather is depressing me, at least that's my story and I'm sticking to it

Got my to read shelf down to one shelf! (except for the stack
on my desk to be reviewed. and the stack by my chair.)
What's happening this week
  • Monday
    • No programs. Lots of work. For some reason I am very stressed this week. Some weeks are just like that.
  • Tuesday
    • Toddlers 'n' Books (2 sessions) (Pattie)
  • Wednesday
    • Winter Wigglers: Obstacle Course (Jess)
    • February Outreach: Get up and move! (4 sessions)
    • Lots of coughing. I was wrong about my assessment of Guess Who, Haiku - it is NOT too easy for the kids. My beautifully relaxing three year old class made me so happy. They just want me to read stories.
  • Thursday
    • Books 'n' Babies (Pattie)
    • Lego Club
    • A better turn-out for Lego Club - 39. All our teen furniture has arrived, but we have to change the computers before we can install it.
  • Friday
    • Went in to work on my classes, clean off my desk, write my report, and then supervise the Knit-In. Everybody behaved. You never know with librarians and knitting...
  • Saturday
    • Science Saturday
    • Off-site at the middle school. I collected vast amounts of supplies, Legos, and assistants and we made goo, talked to people, distributed calendars, and dyed kids pink for about 5 hours. Then back to the library to unload and finally home!
Professional Development
  • Learn@UW class: Child development, library space, and behavior (week 2)
  • Learn@UW class: How do you manage that: Issues in youth services management (week 1)

No comments: