Saturday, July 16, 2016

This week at the library; or, Week 5

Suminagashi. Actually my aides
made this one. Also a fairly large mess
but I said I didn't care if they
cleaned it up.
What's going on at the library and in my head
The fifth week. Halfway through summer reading, only three weeks left of full programming. It's busy. I'm exhausted.
What the kids are reading, a selection
  • Chapter books about diabetes. I really don't have anything - and don't know if anything even exists, besides Sugar Isn't Everything.
  • Liv and Maddie (Disney show)
  • We are a pokestop! - I might need to get more Pokemon books
  • Raven's gate, incarceron, Colossus rises - might recommend this kid the last apprentice series
  • Magic animal friends have gotten quite popular - the girls want to read them in order though, which is kind of driving me crazy
  • Voyage to the magical north (bookpage)

2 comments:

Laura said...


Here's some options for diabetes books (I'm a type one, so I sort of keep an eye out for these as they appear on my radar):

Camp Confidential #4: Alex's Challenge
The Truth about Stacey (Babysitter's Club - the Raina Telgemeier graphic works too)
The Gift of the Pirate Queen by Patricia Giff


More Teen-y
Sweetblood by Pete Hautman
Beheaded, Survived by... I forgot. I can look it up.
Top Ten Clues You're Clueless by Liz Czukas

So jealous that you're more than halfway through! Here's hoping for the strength to finish strong. :-)

Jennifer said...

Agh, I totally forgot about Babysitter's Club! Thanks!