Saturday, June 25, 2016

This week at the library; or, Week 2

What's going on, in my head and at the library
  • Monday
    • Playgroup with Pattie
    • Read with Pearl
    • Autism Support Group
    • How did I ever manage without an assistant? We had a long staff meeting and she met with and trained my volunteer, put together the publicity for summer school, and covered the desk, among other things. I managed to write a lot of supervisor-ey emails, planned most of Friday's field trip, washed out the sponges I need to cut up for Wednesday's program, refilled the summer reading materials, wrote up the copious minutes of the staff meeting, cleaned a few stacks off my desk, and covered the desk in the evening. The copier did not cooperate with the rest of my to do list.
  • Tuesday
    • Toddlers 'n' Books (2 sessions) (Pattie)
    • Storywagon: Chris Fascione
    • Busy. Lovely weather outside, lots of people inside.
  • Wednesday
  • Thursday
    • Books 'n' Babies (Pattie)
    • Messy Art Club: The Big Splat
    • I went to Walmart to pick up some things, then tried to get the burgeoning mess in my office and workspace under control. Between summer reading, a massive donation of Legos, and half-built furniture everywhere, it's going as well as can be expected. My teen aides had a ton of fun supervising splatter paint and we got a lot of gorgeous pics up on the windows. 
  • Friday
  • This week has been really overwhelming. Is the rest of summer going to be like this? I hope not! I am going to sleep for the next two days.
Happy Things; or, I haven't decided what to call this section
  • One of the families at my maker workshop last Friday told me that the kids had gotten super into sewing and have been making fun creatures all weekend! I brought them some of my mini buttons from home to make eyes.
  • Pudgy, bare little toddler feet
  • Colorful sidewalk from splatter paint.
What the kids are reading: A selection
  • Blood of Olympus - several requests
  • Picture books with math - neighborhoods to the rescue!
  • Fukufuku kitten
  • Lego Ninjago
  • Island by Korman - can't find Shipwreck
  • Mermaids - fantasy books. Dissuaded a 7 year old from checking out Fables and found her some better books!
  • Found Shipwreck! It was on my own display.
  • Scary tales and Dino-Mike from my school visits
  • I Survived

No comments: