Saturday, April 16, 2016

This week at the library; or, Spring is here! Now I'm hot.

I found an anemone in my garden!
What's happening in my head and at the library
  • Monday
    • Playgroup with Pattie
    • Staff meeting. We had a lot to cover as we're gearing up for summer and several of us have been out or at conferences.
  • Tuesday
    • Toddlers 'n' Books
    • Rock 'n' Read
    • We had a good group for book club, but it was hot and everyone was a bit wiggly so we only went for about 30 minutes. The homeschool/charter school that meets at the library had a curriculum fair in the late afternoon/evening. I didn't get a chance to see how it went, but I think they had a good attendance.
  • Wednesday
    • Summer reading and collection development. I was going to clean out some of my backlog of webinars but ended up going on the children's desk instead, which was just as well since I finished the summer reading materials there.
  • Thursday
    • Books 'n' Babies
    • Mad Scientists Club: Marble/Race Tracks
    • A small group for Mad Scientists, but this works better with a small group and they all had fun and were enthusiastic. We still have tubes left over!
  • Friday
    • I took the day off.
  • Saturday
    • It was pretty quiet - I cleared out a bunch of new stuff and many large stacks of books were checkout, which made me happy.
Projects in Progress and Completed
  • Working on summer reading materials
  • Working on backlog of materials before I start weeding again in the 600s. Almost done!
Professional Development
  • CPR training
Reader's Advisory, Requests, and Notes
  • My voracious reader is looking for read-alikes for Leslie Margolis' mysteries, Lauren Myracle, and Faith Erin Hicks
  • Chimpanzees
  • Nielsen - night divided. we don't have it
  • Civil War weaponry
  • Ungifted
  • snow leopards
  • another request for Nielsen

No comments: