Saturday, April 30, 2016

This week at the library; or, One more busy week!

What's happening: in my head and at the library
  • Monday
    • Staff meeting, summer reading finalized, clearing off my desk. I am really glad this is the last week for the 3-D printer. The whining sound it makes is driving me insane! But people are crazy about it, so that's a positive, and it's not right next to my desk, fortunately.
  • Tuesday
    • Battle of the Books
    • Toddlers 'n' Books (2 sessions) (Pattie)
    • Elkhorn Youth Center
    • I arrived early to let in the volunteers - every year the district Battle of the Books is held at our library and it is an occasion! I am happy that we have the eggs here this year so the kids can see them incubating. Makes it more exciting. It's nice that they all pitch in to clean up and reset things afterwards, especially since we have classes every Tuesday afternoon now. Then I went out later in the afternoon and took pipe cleaners to the youth center for crafting, along with some new books. Lots of kids made themselves squiggly sort of crowns. Whatever floats their boat....I left extra pipe cleaners and my mixed beads for them to keep playing with. Then I went back to the library to prep for tomorrow.
  • Wednesday
    • 4K Outreach: Pete the Cat (2 sessions)
    • This is the third four year old kindergarten which visits me once a year. I tweaked the program a little this year and I think they all enjoyed it. I had more summer reading stuff to do and staff things and then I left early! To go pick up last minute items at Walmart for tomorrow. Oh well.
  • Thursday
  • Friday
    • The library was closed for staff development. We had a staff meeting, brief training on dementia, discussed the strategic plan, and then visited the library system that is joining us this summer, Kenosha. Very cool new children's area!
Projects in Progress and Completed
  • I have finished the 600s! On to the 700s.
  • Summer reading materials all sent to the printer for an estimate.
What the kids are reading: A selection
  • Spirit animals (this section is getting really crowded)
  • sandstorms (I don't have anything)
  • fact books
  • horse books - need to get those new titles in soon

No comments: