Saturday, February 20, 2016

This week at the library; or, Things Calm Down (that was an order!)

Before and after: The hair
What's happening in my head and at the library
  • Monday
    • No programs today, just a support group in the morning. Unfortunately, I forgot to tell my associate (or her kids) that Things Were Going To Be Calm this week and one of them got sick. Oh well. I did get the glitter glue off the floor (which I am not actually admitting was ever there in the first place)
  • Tuesday
    • Toddlers 'n' Books (2 sessions) (Pattie)
    • February Outreach: Let's Move it! (3 sessions)
    • I had a board meeting in the afternoon. It is snowing.
  • Wednesday
    • We Explore Science: Hibernation (Jess)
    • Unfortunately, Jess is still in a House of Sickness, but she set everything up and it was pretty awesome. About 20 kids and parents came and really enjoyed the different activities.
  • Thursday
    • Books 'n' Babies (Pattie)
    • Lakeland School Outreach (Jess)
    • Lego Club (Jess)
    • I took the day off. Unfortunately, Jess is still in a House of Sickness, so I called in other staff to back up the backup and cover things. I was going to come in but they assured me they could cover it and I had Important Things to do on my vacation (namely dyeing my hair and writing and doing dishes and buying chocolate)
  • Friday
    • Day off! It's a nice day.
Projects in Progress or Completed
  • Weeding 500s, ordering nonfiction replacements and sets
  • Processing new books
  • Budget and bills
What the kids are reading: A selection
  • Recommendations for 13 yr old who likes Lauren Myracle and Maze Runner
  • Post office (really, really need to get books on this!)
  • King Bidgood's in the bathtub
  • Biographies
  • Nonfiction recommendations for high-level readers (BE STILL MY BEATING HEART)
  • Return of girl who liked my recommendation of Leslie Margolis
  • Dinosaurs by Yolen
  • Plane movies and books
  • Movie recommendations
  • Courageous Princess
  • El Deafo
  • Fourteenth Goldfish
  • Magic tricks

No comments: