Saturday, August 8, 2015

This week at the library; or, I tackle the to-do list

Picking the perfect summer prize book
What's going on; in my head and at the library
  • It's hot. I hate being hot. I'm a little depressed at the dramatic drop in circulation in July, even though it was not unexpected due to weather, changes in summer school schedule, and the new pool.
  • Friday I supervised the summer knit-in. And crocheted, of course.
Some Projects Completed/In Progress This Week
  • Finished weeding DVDs
  • Stats, reports in progress
  • Processing small stacks of new items
  • Updated calendar again. Things keep changing.
  • Sent outreach letters to preschools
  • Working on 500 Books Before Middle School
  • July monthly report
  • Working on inventory
  • Supervising DVD shifting/pool noodle project
Programs
  • Teen outreach tour
Ongoing and New Stealth Programs and Displays
  • Books for a third grader - went through several different things until I figured out he was interested in space and showed him the nonfiction
  • Books for a struggling third grader - Branches and DK Adventures
  • Secret garden movie
  • Diary of Anne Frank audio
  • Disney Princess chapter books
  • My regular - tried nonfiction this time.

No comments: