Saturday, July 11, 2015

This week at the library; or, Back to work!

This is a sad shelf
What's going on; in my head and at the library
  • We're back to the full push of summer this week! The local summer camp/school visited twice. On their official visit on Wednesday I gave them cutouts to make superheroes. We had a smaller group at Lego Club - people enjoying the fine weather and pool while they can probably.
  • Friday was rather exhausting. I worked in the children's gardens and we have reached 943 in summer reading sign-ups.
Some Projects Completed/In Progress This Week
  • Working on the series spreadsheet and collection development
  • Updated 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten and finished the first draft of 500 Books Before Middle School
  • This is a happy shelf!
    Yes, I am hilarious
    and my staff loves me
  • Working on updating training materials, evaluating and scheduling staff for August.
Programs
  • Playgroup with Pattie
  • Toddlers 'n' Books (2 sessions) (Pattie)
  • Storywagon: Comedy Magic with Lou Lepore
  • Books 'n' Babies
  • Lego Club
  • Go Go Garden
Ongoing and New Stealth Programs and Displays
What the kids are reading; A Selection
  • Rise of the earth dragon - sequels
  • Rick Riordan, Tunnels, Hypnotist
  • "good book" - recommended Paul Dowswell, Skulduggery Pleasant, and Churchill Club
  • Travel books for London and Paris
  • Doctor Ted - we don't own it, so I recommended Here comes doctor hippo and here comes doctor firefighter instead
  • Teen beach movie 2 (no, I'm not buying it)
  • Vampire Kisses manga - no more, so I showed some of the other things we had.
  • Choose your own adventure type books - I showed them Twisted Journeys, original choose your own adventure, and Can you survive but they were all a little too scary. Then I remembered we had some Club Penguin Pick Your Path and those were perfect.
  • "the dog book" after staring blankly into space I suddenly remembered it was a Disney Palace Pets book she was asking for. Yay me! I may not remember my own name, but I remember a book I saw for 30 seconds last week...
  • Specific request for Can You Survive? I need more of these
  • School visit - Harry Potter, American Girl, Mermaid Tales, Princess in Black, Nascar, Baby animals, My Big Fat Zombie Goldfish, Star Wars, Choose your own adventure, Twisted Journeys, books with local interest, Critter Club and more.
  • Jurassic park books for preschoolers. Um....dinosaur books?
  • Reluctant reader who likes to sew - Jeanology and Generation T
  • Lots of interest in Extreme Adventures now that I have the new covers.

No comments: