Saturday, June 20, 2015

This week at the library; or, Summer Week Two

Slugged!
What's going on; in my head and at the library
  • Week 2. My garden has been SLUGGED. This weekend the WAR will commence.
  • This was actually a fairly quiet week, in between bouts of reader's advisory, field trips, and programs.
Some Projects Completed/In Progress This Week
  • I tidied the magazines - relabel boxes etc.
  • I also changed over and relabeled the Christmas movies
  • Worked on collection development  - orders for the rest of the year
  • Cleaned out stash of donations
  • Finished Read 'n' Play - baby toy bags
  • Continued working on updating the series spreadsheet
Programs
Ongoing and New Stealth Programs and Displays
What the kids are reading; A Selection
  • Request for nonfiction and scary books for a ten year old I picked out Into the Unknown and Haunted Histories.
  • Nim's Island/How to eat Fried worms - checked out
  • Recommendation for a middle school boy I know. I showed him John Feinstein, but then I thought of my all-time favorite, Bad Day for Voodoo.
  • Jurassic Park books - TIM: Defender of the Earth
  • Two middle school girls I recommended Patricia Wrede's Enchanted Forest Chronicles, Sorcery and Cecelia and then a younger girl who was listening I gave Suzanne Selfors' Imaginary Veterinarian.
  • More books recommended - lots and lots and lots of beginning chapter books, Zilpha Keatley Snyder's Stanley family to two different people, Scholastic Branches, Holub's Heroes of Olympus, Paul Dowswell to a group of middle school boys
  • Rules by Cynthia Lord - checked out. I recommended Battle of Darcy Lane instead.
  • Lots of requests for mermaids

No comments: