Saturday, July 27, 2013

This week at the library; or, The Week That Time Forgot

Programs
Random Commentary
  • Staff meeting on Monday and general craziness the rest of the time. We're swinging into the final stretch and time has seemingly stopped. Of course, the crazy business of summer has not prevented me from starting plans for the fall! I'm trying to focus on the positive, but it's been a very frustrating couple of weeks. Fortunately, I have a lovely storage area/puppet theater in my Storyroom with thick curtains that muffle the screams nicely.
  • I'm working on putting together a plan for "neighborhoods" in my library. If you're interested, take a look and tell me what you think! I have already run it by several library friends and the other department heads and gotten a thumbs up, but I still have to convince my director. https://www.sites.google.com/site/jllprogrammingresources/home/neighborhood-manifesto
  • Friday was much more peaceful than I had expected - fortunately (for me, if for no one else) it poured rain and I didn't have to do a program at the town's summer festival, we just hung out in the Storyroom instead. I did have to fiddle with the urinal, but no bodily functions were actually involved, so it could have been worse.
  • Saturday was...well, Saturday. Crazy. How can I think with all this crazy going on?
  • To relieve the tension, I give you Funny Things Kids Say and also cute pictures.
  • Summer reading is still too easy - we need to add lasers!
    • Kid 1: "I've read more than 14 hours already, I've finished the whole super reader log!"
    • Me: "We should have another program, huh? What comes after you're a super reader?"
    • Kid 1: "Yes! The MUTANTS" (obviously a superhero fan)
  • The Lego police: Kid 2 talking to Kid 3 by the Legos (everyone's a critic)
    • Somebody broke that one!
    • Why did somebody break it?
    • I don't know. You should fix it.
    • Hey, I like this wheel one
    • I don't like the design, it could be better
My new pet. Just cuz it's cool
I read 1,000 books!

Great Scott - hieroglyphics

Great Scott

William the Pharaoh

Max the monkey did not behave

No comments: