Saturday, March 30, 2013

This week at the library; or, Spring Break and I am happily not broken

Random Commentary
  • No programs this week! I've gone back and forth on doing spring break programs and my decision after last year was to only do the Annual Spring Break T-shirt Party. This year the schools are having spring break through Easter Monday, so I'm doing it then.
  • I had Wednesday and Thursday off and we're closed Friday, but on Monday and Tuesday I managed to clean out my summer reading closet, start getting ready for the t-shirt program, pull a whole bunch of display books for our upcoming poetry and earth day displays starting next week and the incubator project starting in a couple weeks and finish programs plans for a couple more weeks. On top of our adult services librarian leaving, our temp just got a job offer and our reference assistant is going on vacation, so I'll be spending a lot of time at the desk over the next few weeks.
  • Yay for vacation! This is what I plan to do:
    • Finish cleaning the kitchen
    • Clean out the "junk shelf" that I never cleaned out when I moved here over a year ago.
    • Get wire mesh to go over my container garden and hopefully foil the squirrel from his nefarious digging activities.
    • Get the rest of the bricks out of my car (long story)
    • Finish my sister's birthday present
    • Clean out my beading stash and finish all the earrings I had bought pieces for (how have I survived this long without my guinea pig earrings??)
    • Match socks (don't ask)
    • Finish cataloging my comics
    • Catalog my record collection
    • Finally use my bread stone and try out those fancy bread recipes
    • Finish reading and reviewing my No Flying No Tights books, including a special retrospective review on Elephant and Piggie books (I have 5 books read, 10 to go - some of these are short little series that I'll do together though)
    • Finish my last little stack of 2011 galleys
    • Get through at least some of the middle grade fiction Random House has been randomly sending me
    • Start making inroads on my galleys from ALA Midwinter 2013
    • Schedule reviews out through...well, let's hope for May. I have nonfiction reviews done through April, but no fiction after this week!
    • Finish some quilt projects
    • Hmmm....is that enough?

No comments: